Saturday, September 1, 2012

Junkin Around Town


I had to make a trip down to Tampa to pick up some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint from Robyn Story Designs for my honey.  He didn't have to twist to hard to get me to go, lol.  Anyhow, I decided to ask Jen to go since I have been wanting to take her like forever!!!  We spent like two hours in there, no joke.  The displays and details are super amazing, plus they are decorating for Christmas and we seriously were in swoon mode.  Robyn is super talented, crafty, and so generous.  She had a little display table set up with yummy snacks and since we were there so long she decided to serve us lunch, lol. Not joking!!  Well, it was not just for us, but for all of the customers who happen to walk in.  Super Sweet!  We got lots of inspiration.  After it was Jen's turn to take me to one of her favorite hangs and believe me, I was not disappointed!!  We went to Schiller's Architectural Design and Salvage.  A huge warehouse in Tampa filled to the brim with lots and lots of stuff. Stuff that has come out of businesses, homes and I don't know where else.  Seriously, really cool stuff.  Take a lookie here

Cool huh?
 
 
Ya, huge lettering that went across a huge distance
 
 
cute little welcome sign.  Wonder where this came from?
 

long, long rows of old, creaky, beat-up windows that were super cool
 
 
gobs of knobs
 
 
beautiful, old, chippy barn table
 
 
this was the tag that was on it
 
 
a very large ornamental scrolly thingy that would look cool over a headboard or
a multitude of things
 
 
cool retro typography letters
 
 
these old drawers, baskets and buckets that could be used for
so many things.  Really neat!
 
 
old fan that was beat up and probably cooled off many a folk in its day
 
 
very large doors that came out of an old beat up building somewhere.....
 
We had a grand old time in there.  Met Mr. Schiller and Jen
even got a few bargains. An old window and a drawer!
I was swooning but have no room for another thing in this house of ours!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...